Friday, October 29, 2010

Boo-Logna!

I realized i've been really lame and haven't posted anything about my SOCIAL LIFE. which i have one ( I SWEAR). usually i'm really awkward and can't make friends but luckily people here like me! (maybe it's the blonde hair?).

Last night we celebrated Halloween AMERICAN STYLE. At our friend Maggie's house. It was a beautiful mixture of Americans and Italians (with the occasional random other-type of foreigner thrown in the pot). Maggie was an amazing host and made Sangria, Jungle Juice and a million types of sweets that (obviously) Maried, Ellen and I wolfed down when we were being anti-social. Standing in the kitchen. Alone. At least we have each other. Around 2 o'clock we all got kicked out of the apartment because the neighbors were fed up with the noise and threatend to call the cops. (at least I didn't have to be worried about underage drinking! but still, I don't want to get in trouble with Italian law). So we lingered in the streets for about a half hour, being as loud and disrespectful as we could (why not? we are in Italy.) and finally made our way to a bar, with Ellen's roommates. This wasn't the tipical bar you would find in America (dark, loud music, filled with drunken sluts and manwhores) it was like a quaint little breakfast bar. No music. Brightly lit up. And about the size of a walk-in closet. The bartenders were like 2 fathers, I swear. We took shots of limoncello and other things that ew...my stomach can't even handle the description of them right now. I tried to have the bartender make me my favorite girly shot (A Kamikaze...well in Italian Kam-EE-kah-tzay) but my underage self couldn't remember how to make it. UGH. So they tried to make it, from what I remembered was in it, barf. For next time I promised to bring them the recipe .

Anyways, long story short I didn't go to bed until 4. And I don't remember the walk home. Just kidding Dad, I do.

All in all, a successful Italian Halloween. (actually probably more fun than the overrated Madison Halloween, to be honest.)

ps. I was so creative and went as a cowgirl. BAMF costume, I know. I got amazing stares walking around in cut off jean shorts and high boots. As if I don't eady feel like a foreigner with my platinum blonde hair. Whatever, I'm different. I'm a hipster (or in italian, HEEP-stare. love it.). ew.



















I'm a photo thief. Thanks for the photos paparazzo Maried.

No comments:

Post a Comment